Today is the day!! Can you feel the excitement? Boys sew along day! We are going to spend the next few days sewing up some cute cargos for boys. Of course if you have a girl you could easily make these for a girl as well. The pants have lots of fun details to make sewing for boys fun and exciting!
The pants have a faux fly, tons of pockets (7 in total) Detailed stitching, knee patches. Boys pants can be fun!
- one pattern (self drafted or you can alter this basic pants pattern)
- Fabric (for a size 5 I used 1 yard)
- Lining fabric (1/8 yard)
- Buttons or snaps (I used 6 in total)
- Optional details, twill tape and embroidery floss
Drafting or altering a pattern
(I used white wrapping paper for creating the pattern)
That you add a seam allowance to the bottom of the pants.
If the pants have a slim leg make is wider and straight for the cargo style
Be sure the curve of the crotch is laying flat when you trace it.
- front leg pattern piece (cut 2)
- back leg pattern piece (cut 2)
- front pocket piece (cut 2)
- front pocket facing (cut 2)
- flap piece (cut 3 from fabric and 3 from lining)
- back pocket piece (cut 3 from fabric)
- Small rectangle for belt buckle (cut 2 or more)
- waistband piece (which I will give tips about later)
Cutting out the pattern:
Then cut out the rest of the pieces out as instructed above.
Tomorrow morning we will have the regular link party but come back Wednesday and we will start sewing and Thursday we will finish them up!
Let me know if you have any questions along the way, that's the fun of a sew along to help each other out!
Now you are ready for day two HERE